Rangi Ruru Girls’ School welcomes small numbers of International Students from a number of different countries. We enjoy having them as part of our school family, with the opportunity for students and staff to learn more about their cultures and beliefs.
- Rangi Ruru Girls’ School has been offering excellent education to girls for over 100 years – an old school by New Zealand standards.
- We have an outstanding academic record and are considered one of the top schools in New Zealand.
- We offer our students quality facilities, excellent teaching staff and small class sizes.
- International students may live with a school-approved New Zealand homestay family or in Rangi Ruru’s modern, on-site boarding house (limited places are available).
- Rangi Ruru has a broad curriculum and extensive co-curricular activities including over 40 different sports; a wide range of musical opportunities, speech, drama and dance.
- Rangi Ruru has a strong pastoral care network and we are able to offer our international students any additional support they may need while they are in New Zealand.
Rangi Ruru Girls’ School is offering a discounted rate of fees for entry in 2013 for some international students.
Students entering in 2013 at either Year 9 or 10, and who board at school for the first two years of their enrolment with us, will be charged New Zealand Resident tuition fees. This is a considerable reduction in fees. Fees will revert to the standard international rate after their first two years of enrolment for the remainder of their time at Rangi Ruru. They will pay the same boarding fees as domestic students.
For more detailed International enrolment information please refer to our International Publications or contact:
Dean of International Students
Phone: +64 3 983 3722
Rangi Ruru Girls’ School has agreed to observe and be bound by the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students published by the Minister of Education. We recommend that International Students considering education in New Zealand visit the Ministry of Education site to gain a complete picture of the duty of care and requirements for schools, parents, guardians and students.