About Rangi Ruru
Rangi Ruru Girls’ School welcomes small numbers of International Students from a number of different countries. We enjoy having them as part of our school family, with the opportunity for students and staff to learn more about their cultures and beliefs.
- Rangi Ruru Girls’ School has been providing excellent education to girls for 125 years – an old school by New Zealand standards
- We have an outstanding academic record and are considered one of the top schools in New Zealand
- We offer our students quality facilities, excellent teaching staff and small class sizes
- International students may live with a school-approved New Zealand homestay family or in Rangi Ruru’s modern, on-site boarding house (limited places are available)
- Rangi Ruru has a broad curriculum and extensive co-curricular activities including over 40 different sports; a wide range of musical opportunities, speech, drama and dance
- Rangi Ruru has a strong pastoral care network and we are able to offer our international students any additional support they may need while they are in New Zealand.
International Language Publications
Information on becoming an International Students at Rangi Ruru is also available in various languages:
- Thai language brochure
- Korean language brochure
- Chinese language brochure
- Japanese language brochure
Click here to view the International Students and their Families Handbook.
If you are interested in enrolling at Rangi Ruru as an international student and would like further information, contact:
Dean of International Students
Phone: +64 3 983 3722
Rangi Ruru Girls’ School has agreed to observe and be bound by the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students published by the Minister of Education. We recommend that International Students considering education in New Zealand visit the NZQA website to gain a complete picture of the duty of care and requirements for schools, parents, guardians and students.